West University Neighborhood

This was the first Tucson suburb north of the Southern Pacific Railroad, and was built out between 1890 and 1930. The neighborhood includes more than 700 buildings in a great variety of architectural styles, ranging from Transitional to Art Deco, with about half being Craftsman Bungalows. Built as a high school in Tucson, Roskruge Bilingual Magnet School (1908/1914) is a distinctive landmark on Sixth Street. In 1980, this neighborhood was listed on the National Register of Historic Places and became the largest historic district in Arizona. 

The data relating to real estate listings on this website comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) program of Multiple Listing Service of Southern Arizona. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Listings provided by brokerages other than are identified with the MLSSAZ IDX Logo. All Information Is Deemed Reliable But Is Not Guaranteed Accurate. Listing information Copyright MLS of Southern Arizona. All Rights Reserved. MLS Logo